This website is operated by TouchPoints Learning Inc. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to TouchPoints Learning Inc.
We’ll do our best to clarify who we are referring to at various points in the policy.
Privacy and online safety are very important to the us. We collect, use, and share data about our users (“Data”) when they use our Services. This meant to help us provide a tailored experience for our users.
By using or interacting with our Services, you are consenting to:
- The transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Services, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Services, and information about how you interact with our Services. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on our Services, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Services.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our Services, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our Services (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Analyze internal sales data;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Services (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our Services, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may also use your Personal Information to customize marketing or advertising based on your preferences, order history, and actions on our Services (see Behavioural Advertising).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with some third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. This includes our email services provider, HubSpot (https://hubspot.com), which allows us to use your Personal Information to send you relevant communications, including emails.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not buy or sell any Personal Information of any user. Information is only collected by using our Services and interacting with emails sent from our Services.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Services’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our Services), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Any user, regardless of location, may contact us and request that their account and data be completely removed from our records, including orders, accounts, and any other data related to you.
DATA STORAGE and RETENTION
When you place an order through our Services, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
While you retain full rights over your data, it may be transferred through third party networks and stored on third party storage.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can reach us at https://touchpointslearning.ca/contact OR
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
TouchPoints Learning Inc.
146 Thirtieth St., Ste 100
M8W 3C4 CANADA
Last updated: September 22, 2023